What will I learn?
- We cover all the basic techniques commonly used in commercial leadlight studios.
- No experience is necessary and you don’t even need to be particularly artistic; we have many designs and books for you to look through and a design/drawing facility for students to use.
What will I create?
- Past students have made lampshades, sun catchers, leadlight windows and more.
- You don’t need to have a clear idea of what it is that you want to create as we have hundreds of existing designs and many books for you to look through to gain inspiration.
- The cost for the six week beginners course is $350.
- This includes GST, a full took kit and sufficient materials for you to complete two projects
- A deposit of 30% secures your place in the class, with payment of the balance required at the first class
- Students receive a 10% discount on all future material purchases and are eligible for super specials that we run from time to time.
Where and when?
- Classes are held in our Semaphore studio which is located on Bower Road.
- Contact us for a list of upcoming class times
How do I enrol?
- Drop in to the studio, call us, or send us an email
What to bring/wear
- Please bring your newly purchased tools kit and materials.
- Closed-in shoes, long pants, protective eye wear and an apron must be worn at all times in class.
A word from the safety police
- Closed-in shoes, long pants and an apron must be worn at all times in class.
- No loose clothing.
- Seek medical advice before enrolling if you are pregnant or if you are concerned about working with lead.
- Safety glasses, masks and gloves are provided and must be worn when requested by the instructor.
- Apart from normal regulatory insurance, we do not provide any extra insurance for students.